Do you need accurate and up-to-date organic vs. paid search statistics to facilitate an informed business strategy? You are in the right spot! The goal of this article is to present you with a vivid understanding of these two types of searches coupled with actionable tips to implement those stats to grow your business.
If you reside in Miami, these stats can serve as the bedrock for your business’ success this year. At MyCity Social, we have premium offers for those needing the best SEO services Miami offers. But first, what is the difference between organic and paid search?
The Difference Between Organic Vs. Paid Search
The difference between these two types of search is the cost. While organic search centers on unpaid rankings on a search engine page, paid search centers on paid rankings.
With paid search, a user can pay for a juicy spot in search results. In comparison, companies utilize best SEO practices to rank in search results.
Now, let’s get into the breakdown!
Organic Search Statistics And Paid Search Statistics
- Every second, Google’s search engine processes about 70,000 search queries.
- 53% of web traffic emerge from organic search.
- Daily, nearly a third of consumers search online for local businesses.
- More than 99% of searchers click on one of the links on the first Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- Organic search generates over ten times more web traffic than organic social media.
- The first spot on Google’s SERP gains a 28.5 click-through rate. The 10th result gains a meager CTR of 2.5%.
- Searches with more than four words would generate more clicks for businesses—especially when they aren’t within 1-3 positions.
- 95.88% of queries are four words and above.
- Google claims over 95% of mobile searches and claims 92% of desktop searches
- Bing is the second leading search engine in the United States and controls 3.9% of all searches and 1.4% of mobile queries.
- 49% of marketers believe that organic search is the most effective and profitable channel to utilize.
- 67% of all content marketers acknowledge that SEO is their most effective tactic.
- More than 70% of content marketing firms utilize SEO tools.
- 49% of shoppers utilize Google for new product discovery.
- Voice search is used by 27% of the worldwide online population.
- It’s estimated that over 70% of all households will possess a smart speaker by 2025
- 16-20% of searches trigger Google’s answer box.
- A three-second increase in duration “time on site” can rank a site higher.
- When compared, Rich results have a 58% click-through rate, while non-rich results have 41%.
- 2017 was the first year most of the searches came from mobile devices.
- 83% of US shoppers use the internet first before visiting the actual store.
- Mobile phones account for more than 50% of organic search engine searches.
- 72.6% of internet users will access the internet via smartphones by 2025.
- More than 50% of shoppers will use the internet to search for deals before contacting an employee.
- An average web page takes about 87% longer to load on a mobile device than on desktops.
- 45% of consumers bounce out of content that is displayed poorly on their device.
- B2B and tech companies drive more revenue from organic search than every other channel.
- Nearly 25.8% of internet users utilize ad blockers.
- More than 10% of search ad clicks are invalid and fraudulent.
- 27% of web traffic stems from paid search.
- Google’s ad revenue reached a peak of $146.92 US dollars in 2020.
- Advertising reports for more than 80% of Google’s revenue.
- Advertisers will likely spend $99.22 billion on search yearly by 2024.
- The average Click-through rate for Google Shopping Ads is approximately 0.86%.
- The average click-through rate for Bing Shopping Ads is approximately 1.25%.
- In most industries, the ROAS (return on ad spend) for branded firms is higher than non-branded firms.
- On average, people come across about 6,000 to 10,000 ads daily.
- Google Display Network is seen by over 90% of internet users.
- Google Ads are seen on more than 650,000 applications.
- Every minute, more than 500 hours of videos are uploaded on YouTube.
- For Facebook ads, the average Click-through-rate is 0.89%.
- The highest CTR is in the dating industry, reaching a peak of 6.05%.
- The Lowest CTR is in the tech industry, capped at 2.09%.
- The average CPC is $2.69.
- The peak cost-per-click happens in the legal industry, reaching a peak of $6.75.
- The lowest cost-per-click happens in the e-commerce industry, having $1.16.
- Mean conversion rate is 4.4% on the Google Ads search network.
- The peak conversion rate happens in the vehicle industry at 7.98%
- The least conversion rate happens in the clothing firm at 2.77%.
- The peak cost per conversion happens in the electronic and computer niche at $101.40.
- The least cost per conversion happens in the auto industry at $26.17.
- More than 71.5% of clicks on Google come from mobile.
- Online shoppers with tablets have the highest conversion rate at 3.32%. Desktop conversion rate is 2.1%, while smartphones are 2.01%.
- The peak click-through rate for mobile devices search happens in the travel niche at 5.36%.
- The least click-through rate for mobile devices search happens in the Telecom and Internet industry at 3.06%.
- 74% of brands acknowledge that PPC ads are a significant driver for their business.
- Organic traffic takes a considerable number of times before it can be optimized.
- 75% of those who click search ads admit that they find what they are looking for easily.
- More than 90% of marketers invest in search ads.
No doubt, organic search, and paid search are powerful tools to drive traffic to your website. But, how can you achieve that? We’ve analyzed basic strategies to implement. Let’s start with organic search.
- Focus on Searchers’ Intent- Google is becoming more increasingly intelligent. Hence web owners must always match their content with searchers’ intent—giving readers the exact information they are searching for. Providing searchers what they want is the key to winning more time on your page, which will increase your ranking.
- Optimize Your Page for User Experience- After writing quality content that favors both search engines and users, there are few tricks to optimize a page for an excellent experience on the page.
These include adding a table of contents to help the reader navigate the content, adding a video to increase the time spent on the page, shortening the introduction to reduce bounce rate, and increasing the number of subheadings and examples for better organization.
If you want to control the SERP, bidding on your brand name is easy to get started. Bidding on brand name is highly cheap as that is a quick way to obtain a quality score.
Brand search ads for a business have more daily revenue than organic searches. Thus, as you improve your search engines’ visibility, increase your income by taking advantage of search ads.
The Right Tools To Utilize For Organic And Paid Search
- SEMRush, Ahrefs, or Moz- These are remarkable tools that offer powerful insight into the right keyword to target organic strategy and paid strategy.
- SpyFU- It’s also a fantastic tool that allows you to gain insight into your competitors’ SEO and PPC strategies.
- Keyword Planner and Google Trends– Used by most SEO services Miami locals swear by, these tools are valuable for PPC experts and organic search optimizers. These tools offer insight into the cost, competition, and the probability that your brand will rank for each keyword you want to target.
- Instapage or Wishpond- These are landing page providers that send searchers who click on paid search ads to a landing page.
- Optimzely or Google Optimizer- They are efficient A/B testing tools for brands optimizing organic or paid traffic.
- Mixpanel or Woopra- These industry leaders are efficient for tracking your organic or paid strategy’s success or ROI.
It is fantastic to see that both organic and paid search must have a space in your business strategy. You can’t grow your business well without utilizing both. However, you might need to try out both and see which one works well for your business.
But, how do you get started? Do you have questions to ask the experts? MyCity Social, SEO services Miami locals love is the right spot.
Based in Miami, MyCity Social specializes in digital marketing and SEO! We are committed to growing your business visibility online using the most relevant and updated white hat SEO techniques. Contact us today for personalized information on implementing these organic vs. paid search stats. We are always ready to assist you and answer your questions.