Having your website stand out in 2020 is harder than it ever has been. There are nearly endless results when you use search engines like Google, so how do you make sure your website is one of the top results? One of the best ways this can be done is through SEO branding. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it plays a huge role in where you show up in search results. Knowing how to make your website SEO friendly and what SEO keywords to use are a whole nother issue. This is where MyCiytSocial comes in. Located in Miami, Florida, we at MyCitySocial pride ourselves in always being a step ahead of the SEO game. No need to search SEO Company Miami, because we have you covered with some great advice on how to improve your site and get it SEO ready.
Why You Need SEO
While word of mouth and advertising are great ways to build a dedicated audience of consumers, that alone isn’t enough to make it in the digital age in 2020. A vast amount of clicks come from search engines. When someone needs a service or product, the first thing that almost anyone will do nowadays is to Google it. So you might think, well then why do I need to do anything more than I already am? Surely, my website will come up when people search for what we do. Well, the thing is, people don’t search the way you might think they do. You might think someone would search for “What is the best SEO Company in Miami,” but more often than not, people don’t type in grammatically correct sentences. Someone is much more likely to just search SEO Company. So okay, close enough right? No, if your website doesn’t have that keyword exactly, you’re not going to show up as high in the search. SEO is specific and minute details can make or break it. It’s not something just anyone will know how to do and that’s why it’s so important to hire professionals who know what they’re doing. The digital marketing landscape is always changing and the keywords and phrases people are favoring are always doing the same. The last thing you want is to be behind on trends, you want to be on top of them or better yet ahead of them so you’re able to accurately predict what you need to do to in order to keep your website relevant in 2020.
SEO Branding Tips
- Hire an influencer
- Hiring a known person to help promote your brand can be an excellent way to increase traffic to your site. By hiring one, you are now reaching an already established audience who you would have probably never had any contact with. One of the biggest issues people may have with visiting your site for the first time is that they don’t know if they can trust you. By hiring an influencer, it is almost like having the approval of a friend they like and respect. Every influencer is different though and research should be conducted before you decide to hire one. You may not be looking to reach every influencer’s demographic. For example, if your website is aimed at the elderly, hiring an influencer whose audience is mostly made up of young adults, may not be the most effective use of your resources.
- Write Longer More Thorough Articles
- Statistically longer articles do better than shorter ones when it comes to garnering clicks. That said, it’s still important to make sure your article earns its length. If all your article does is repeat the same thing over or isn’t able to keep your reader engaged, people are going to leave. The longer people spend reading your articles, the more frequently and higher they will show up on Google searches. If people don’t feel like they’re not getting enough information out of your article, they will likely go to other sites in search of said information. This is bad for two reasons, one they aren’t likely to come back to your site if they feel your articles are lacking and two they’re now giving clicks and spending time on competitor sites, meaning your article won’t do as well. Sometimes when there isn’t a lot of info out on a subject it can help to give a personal take on the matter to help distinguish your site and give it a voice. If you provide a good enough take, people may start visiting your site just to hear your opinions on various topics.
- Don’t Rely on Pop Up Ads or Web Page Ads
- Pop Up Ads or Ads that are displayed on the sides of webpages can potentially lead to clicks, but more often than not they are ignored. Most people don’t spend more than a second looking at these ads and a vast majority of these people don’t trust ads that marketed this way. With applications like AdBlock, a good portion of people won’t even see your ads. Regardless, some clicks will still come from ads like these, it’s just important to diversify in your marketing strategy. There is no one way to bring people to your website and as such, you should implement as many strategies as you can to ensure maximum reach.
- Make Sure Your Website is Safe
- The last thing you want is for someone to get a virus from your website. People will not revisit a site they deem unsafe. Even if your website has no outward signs of viruses or hacking, Google will often show a not secure warning for sites they deem do not have enough security. If people get this warning they will almost always avoid the site and try a different one instead. Encrypting and protecting your site can be done with an HTTPS or Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure. If your site is one that sells products or services you need to ensure that people’s personal information such as credit cards, emails and home addresses are not easily stolen by hackers. Should this information leak, your company could find itself in hot water legally and your reputation is sure to be tarnished. Even large companies that suffer data breaches can take time to regain the trust of their users.
- Make it Mobile Friendly
- In 2020 just about everyone has a smartphone now. In fact, we’re getting to the point where more searches are being conducted from phones rather than computers. It makes sense as a lot of these searches are made on the go and it is extremely easier to pull out your phone and search for something than it is to boot up your old desktop computer and conduct a search. Keep in mind that web pages read differently on a mobile device than they do a desktop computer. You often have to format a separate version just for mobile viewing. Mobile screens are smaller so you need to account for how you’re going to make your reformat. You also have to take into consideration there is no mouse and that all links will need to be clicked on by a finger so they need to be easy to see and easy to access. Mobile sites need to also look good or else users may be turned off and look elsewhere.
- Include Videos
- While written articles are never likely to go out of style, the younger generations seem to prefer to receive their information through video form rather than a written article. On top of this, they prefer to watch content online rather than on TV. More and more millennials are cutting cable and switching to the internet as their source of video content. This doesn’t mean you should stop writing written blogs, but that you should also consider including a video at the top of the article as an alternative option. Videos will increase the ways that people can find your article and SEO is just as important for them as they are written blogs. Using SEO keywords in your video title and description is necessary for increasing its search potential. Remember though, if you do decide to include videos, you will need to make sure they deliver the same information in an entertaining and engaging way. It’s not as simple as recording someone dryly reading your blog. The way you present it needs to be transformed to reflect the new medium you are working in.
SEO Company Miami? Look No Further.
At MyCitySocial our mission statement is “To help businesses excel through the use of innovative digital marketing services at competitive prices.” While we can help any business or company, we specialize in smaller ones that are struggling to make a foothold in the world of online marketing. We pride ourselves in always being ahead of the latest trends and technology and we will work tirelessly to ensure your website gets the love it deserves. Our team of professionals are masters at SEO branding so stop searching SEO company Miami and check out all the different services we have to offer today.