Market share, consumer engagement, revenue growth, and ROI are all able to be increased through the process of blogging with a clear purpose and strategy. Who wouldn’t want to do that? After all, it’s fairly clear just through the numbers and statistics that brands who are able to come up with and stick to a strategy are able to blog much more successfully that brands that don’t have any strategy, and are able to achieve their goals. This means that is is pretty much always to a brand’s advantage to continue to blog with a clear strategy. Unfortunately, a lot of people who start to blog with their SEO content sit down at the computer with the intention to start blogging, but then get stuck on the fundamental issue: What exactly should they blog about? There are many different types of articles, topics, and approaches that have demonstrated amazing proven results for bloggers around the internet, and can possibly continue to produce results in the future as well. Read on to learn more about ideas for blog topics to write about in order to produce consistent, relevant content! After all, in order to continuously produce relevant content, the first step is to have content. MyCity Social is a top Orlando SEO and digital marketing firm who helps business owners produce proven results. Call Orlando SEO expert MyCity Social today for your digital marketing needs and grow your business and brand!
Blog Ideas For Success
One of the most important components of SEO and generating traffic to your business and brand in order to connect with your potential clients and customers with your products and services is continuously to put out relevant, consistent content that people browsing the internet will find helpful and will lead them to your products and services. While this is by no means an exhaustive list, the following ideas have been popular themes among many bloggers for a while now. Read on to learn more about the various topics that Orlando SEO expert MyCity Social recommends, as a primer for those who may feel stuck or uninspired with their blog topics!
- How To Guides- The majority of people who are browsing the internet today have quite a short attention span, and generally most people simply just hate having to go through long and complicated instruction manuals. Think about it for a second- when was the last time you snuggled up with a glass of wine and the instruction manual to DIY
A table? But building tables and toasters and Pinterest-worthy projects still need to be done. So how should people figure out how to accomplish such tasks? In 2019, the majority of the time they end up Googling it. In fact, this is so popular that “Googling” is now a commonly utilized verb, and the website WikiHow is now an extremely popular website purely due to its how-to articles. How-to guides area surefire way to up your SEO blogging game, and you may be even surprised to see the type of things that people are Googling and that can lead them to your content and eventually link potential clients and customers to your products and services. If you are able to discover your niche audience, cater to their curiosities, and give them some helpful answers, then your blog can’t help but be popular!
- Politics- Especially during every election year, politics are a popular topic for many. You don’t even have to be too explicit about the stance, as these keywords alone can give your ranking a boost. Find a political topic to talk about, whether on a national or local level, and join in the conversation. However, keep in mind that politics can be a dicey topic, as people in America tend to get quite polarized around political topics, so you shouldn’t go into discussing political topics unless you’re ready to handle a certain amount of controversy.
- Bacon- This may (or may not!) strike most meat-lovers as a surprise; everybody loves bacon. In fact, Huffington Post is one of the most clicked-on blogs online, and they dedicate a whole entire archive purely to articles that are about bacon. Clearly, the internet’s love of bacon isn’t going away anytime soon (can you blame them?), so get onboard the bacon train and start posting!
- Recipes- In a similar food-related vein, recipes are another great way to attract visitors to your website and blog. After all, even if you’re just discussing the topic, there’s always a new diet fad (think about it this way; today’s Whole30 is yesterday’s Atkins or Paleo) so there’s always new topics and recipes that you can discuss and share, even if your website is not necessarily health-oriented.
- Beginner Guides- Before a website is able to convince somebody that they are familiar with advanced guides, it’s always a good idea to begin with 101 beginner guides. Beginner guides in general are very popular, as most people fall into the category of first-timers and beginners when it comes to a variety of categories. After all, everybody has to start somewhere. That’s why you’re here reading this guide, so you can start blogging successfully! Beginner guides are often the way that many bloggers are able to build organic search traffic at the start, and they can even be done through utilizing infographics such as various guide graphics.
- Ultimate Guides- On the flip side of the coin, everybody is also dying to be more informed. In fact, people who are experts on various subject matters are pretty much always seeking out the most credible ultimate guides for their areas of expertise. While the title “ultimate guide” can feel a bit overused and cheesy, there are many different alternate terms that you as a blogger can utilize instead to keep this type of blog content fresh, such as the terms that Business Casual Copywriting has provided as ideas for those who are looking to do renditions of “Ultimate Guide”s.
- Essential Guide
- Complete Guide
- Uncensored Guide
- Last Guide to___ You’ll Ever Need
- Some other tips: Whenever you are building an “ultimate guide” sort of article for your readers and to increase your search engine rankings, you will want to make sure to back it up with statistics. After all, it’s supposed to be a thorough and informative guide. Try and only put in data from sources that are valid and authoritative, and make sure to give your sources credit for the information that you put in there from them. Being able to add credible data to your guides will not only show your readers that your content is legitimate, but help to establish authority yourself and build credit with your readers so that they feel better informed and come back for more. It highlights the fact that you’re not simply pulling your ideas out of thin air, and that you took the time to conduct research and then form opinions based on your findings. This strategy is utilized all the time by MyCity Social, as before we post information or take a stance on a topic, we make sure to find authoritative sources in order to back up our claims. Of course, if you find doing original research dull and pedestrian, then you can also think about highlighting the case studies that you are using in a blog post. This will help you in getting traffic from organic searches as well as through backlinks whenever another site uses your study as a source of information. If you, the blogger, are already an established expert and has a lot of knowledge on some specific subject matter, then making an “Ultimate Guide” sort of article can be a fantastic way to generate traffic to your blog and establish authority and credibility with your readers, as well as generating fresh and useful content for them to go back to in the future.
- Frequently Asked Questions-Of course, it’s always good to remember that just because you are posting answers to frequently asked questions online that it will not stop people from asking those questions anyways. However, Frequently Asked Questions posts will help to serve as a resource for people, and they are often featured on e-commerce websites, although they are also often overlooked on blogs. This is unfortunate, as FAQ posts can be gold for bloggers in any time period. This is due to the fact that Google’s algorithm utilized FAQs, questions, and other popular topics as part of its Knowledge Graph. If you are lucky, then your blog post of FAQs may be able to end up scoring a top spot in this coveted place.
- Interviews- The best way that bloggers are able to set themselves apart with their content from the vast amount of other bloggers and posts that are out there on the internet is to gain insight from industry experts. Whether it’s with people on your team or from other companies that are in the industry, setting up interviews on websites such as helpareporter.com can be a great way to gain valuable knowledge from a professional. The best part of this is that you won’t even have to take the time to travel or set up a time with your interviewee in order to get their opinions and talk to them, thanks to the internet. You simply need to come up with a list of questions that you think your audience may be very interested in, and then email it to some industry experts instead! This is very time-efficient, and also provides great content. You are also able to post the questions onto Twitter or another social media channel, and take advantage of public opinion!
More Blog Topics To Write About
- Personal Stories- While personal stories may not end up being the keyword-filled generic anchor pieces that a blogger may think they want, they can still end up being very key additions to any blog. You are able to provide your readers with a chance to relate to your business on a bit of a deeper, more personal level through the sharing of personal stories, which helps in building brand affinity. Learning how to tell a story is an art, and once you master this skill, the quality of your blog posts can continue to go up! A great story will not only help to keep your readers on the edge of their seats, but help forge a personal connection with your brand and business that can benefit you in the long run. After all, storytelling has a powerful impact on our brains. When readers have an emotional response to your story, dopamine is released from places in their brains. You can use this information to your advantage, as the best stories are written to elicit some type of feeling, whatever that feeling may be. The choice of what type of story you want to share or feeling that you want to inspire is up to you.
Contact Us Today
There are many different blog topics to write about so that you can produce fresh, relevant content for internet browsers to click through, and so that it can eventually lead them to your products and services. MyCity Social is a top Orlando SEO expert business owners trust. Call MyCity Social today for your SEO needs!