In today’s marketing world, there are endless options available to customers to it has become even more important to make sure your customers stay happy and keep returning for more. That is where a brand loyalty company, like MyCity Social in Orlando, can help. They have become known as the Orlando SEO expert and have found innovative and creative ways to make sure that digital marketing companies are not only successful, but they exceed expectations. Establishing brand loyalty is critical to the success and future of your business, which is why you need to take the time to learn about the pros and cons associated with these techniques and how and why you should start utilizing them today!
Tips Directly From A Brand Loyalty Company
Creating loyalty programs for customers is not a new concept in the world of marketing, but over the last few years, the programs have changed, and these types of programs are once again a topic of discussion. However, businesses are trying to figure out new strategies and techniques for developing and executing these plans and programs. The new approach to these loyalty programs is to engage customers by making the brand ambassadors and advocates by having them earn points and perks through the promotion they do on social media, websites, posting product reviews, and sending in referrals. These new strategies take up a lot of time and money to develop, so companies are asking if they are really worth it and whether or not they will really create brand loyalty. According to the experts, the simple answer to these questions is yes! You can find out about the different types of programs below as well as some of the benefits of the programs below!
Loyalty and rewards programs can come in a bunch of different forms, so it’s important to do your research and figure out which one will work best for your company and your future plans!
- Point program: This is the most common type of reward program, and it is definitely the simplest. The driving force of the program is straight forward, the more you spend, the more you get. Each time a customer makes a purchase in a store or through your website, they are granted a certain number of points that changes depending on the size of their order. Once the points accumulate, they are transferred into some type of reward. It can be a discount, free shipping, or they can even be treated like cash.
- Spend program: every time a purchase is made, your consumer gets loyalty credits based on the amount of money they spend on your brand. This program is simple and straightforward, similarly to the point program. It can also help increase transaction amounts and reduce customer turnover.
- Tiered program: This type of loyalty program is based on different levels of loyalty. It is a great way to reward initial purchases and loyalty while simultaneously encouraging continuous shopping and future purchases. Customers receive points for every purchase they make, and as they get more points, they move up to higher levels of loyalty.
- Paid VIP program: With these customers pay either a monthly or annual fee to join a VIP membership club, which grants them access to special services, discounts, and products. If you decide to offer one of these programs, you need to offer benefits that are unique and exclusive to members.
- Value-based program: If you decide to offer a program based on your customers’ values, there is a better chance that they will become brand advocates, especially on social media. However, it’s not always easy to determine exactly how you can reward customers based on their values and without directly rewarding them. One way to do this is by offering to donate some of your profits to a charity you know your customers will care about. For instance, if you run a business that sells school supplies, maybe you can donate a part of every $50 or more purchase to a charity that will help get school supplies to underprivileged students. The point of this type of program is to connect with your customers on a deeper and more meaningful level in order to build a lasting relationship with them.
- Partner program: Creating strategic partnerships with other businesses is an incredibly effective way to create brand loyalty and customer retention because you are offering them more options and opportunities that they may be looking for. It also shows them that you care about what they need and not just making a profit. It is also a great way for you to grow and expand your business.
- Game program: By turning your loyalty program into some type of game app is a fantastic way to encourage customers to keep coming back for more while entertaining them at the same time.
- Hybrid loyalty program: If more than one of these programs sounds like it would work for your company, than you can always create a combination of more than one to make your own loyalty system. The most common two that are combined are the point-based system and the tier program, but you can make a combination of any of these programs.
Thanks to technology and the economic hardships that our economy experienced in previous years, consumers expect to receive rewards, and they will absolutely prioritize the companies that offer them. A recent study found that roughly sixty-three percent of customers expect brands to offer some type of loyalty program. Also, customers that were polled said they seek out brands and companies that will offer them some type of perks and rewards. Which means if your company isn’t offering some type of loyalty program, your brand is going to decline and suffer. Loyalty programs also offer a better way to communicate with your customers. With the social platforms now available modern marketing has become much more efficient since it is easy to encourage customer engagement on social media as well as through your company’s website. Typically rewards are given to consumers only when they spend a certain amount of money, which some companies are nervous about because they’re afraid customers won’t spend the required amount, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Since consumers prioritize rewards and perks, they are willing to spend more money to hit the rewards program requirement. Another positive that comes along with loyalty and rewards programs is that they allow businesses to identify and offer better rewards to their best customers. By doing this, you are more likely to retain the customers that are willing to spend the most money on your products, which will most likely drive your profit up. Also, if you include a referral program, you’re encouraging buyers who aren’t spending the most on your products to still participate and become a brand ambassador. These types of programs also help you track your consumer data and customer spending habits. It can also provide overall trends and help you determine which products are making you money and which ones are costing you money. This data will also allow you to get a better understanding of your target audience, and it can help drive your decision making for future advertising and marketing campaigns. You will become better equipped to give your customers what they want and need.
Now, of course, there are some negatives to creating a loyalty program for your business, but it’s important to understand that hiring a team of digital marketing experts can help you navigate through these cons to create a targeted and clear campaign. For example, the Orlando SEO expert at MyCity Social can sit with you to figure out how to maneuver around these roadblocks and come out the other side! However, it’s still important to understand what these roadblocks may be. The first problem that you may encounter is figuring out where loyalty behavior comes from. Pinpointing patterns of loyalty behavior is a difficult thing to do. Although eight-two percent of adults say they are loyal to brands, fifty-four percent say they have switched between brands over the past few years, which seems to be contradicting. One of the biggest problems is that consumers expect more than just a good product from a brand. They want a brand story along with a social responsibility from the company they are buying from. Another concern for businesses is their bottom line. It doesn’t matter is a discount comes from a rewards program or not the truth is that a discount hurts a company’s bottom line. Despite the fact that you’re offering a discount to your customers it still costs the same amount to create a product, which means you’re not making as much money and in some cases maybe even losing money, but it’s important to see the loyalty you are obtaining as an investment even if it’s not in the form of money.
Another problem that can come up is that the market can become oversaturated. Since customers are expecting loyalty rewards, your program is naturally going to have thousands of competitors all trying to gain the loyalty of the same consumers. This means you have to take the time to develop a program that is unique and stands out. Due to the fact that there are so many competitors out there trying to get the same customers, you are it means that if they are not happy with your offerings, there are plenty of options available to them. This means that customers are switching between brands faster than ever before. Some people are also arguing that these loyalty programs make it hard to track and identify consumer data. They say that the data you are receiving isn’t showing true buying history because some things are only being bought because of the discounts or rewards that the customers are getting through the program.
It’s true that there are pros and cons to creating and implementing a loyalty program for your customers, but there are definitely more benefits than downsides. When you are designing your program, it is critical that you take the time to sit down with a team to think about your customers and what is truly important to them. This isn’t something you should rush through because if you do, then the program is not going to yield the results you are looking for. The best thing you can do for your loyalty program and brand is to hire a digital marketing agency to help you lay out your plan and figure out what will work and won’t work, so you aren’t wasting time or money.
Contact The Orlando SEO Expert
MyCity Social has gained recognition throughout the Miami area as being a brand loyalty company businesses can trust. We pride ourselves on having extensive knowledge in the internet marketing field, which has made our clients come to us again and again for advice and help with content marketing services. We make it our top priority to help businesses reach their full marketing potential through unique and strategic tactics. Call or visit us today to find out how we can help you!