Florida coastal cities such as Miami and Fort Lauderdale are known for their beautiful beaches and enviable coastlines. So much of life here in Florida is lived on a boat, and the boating industry is a large part of the Florida economy. Boat dealers face tough competition with so much boating around, and boat dealers around here need to keep up on their marketing game in order to stay ahead of the pack. Part of standing out and selling boats better than your competitors is online marketing and SEO. Boat dealers can often feel like a fish out of water when it comes to online marketing. After all, they may be thinking- their job is to know about and sell boats! Having marketing skills and pushing your product online requires a totally different set of skills than selling boats in a marina. There are so many technical terms you may not be familiar with, like SEO, link building, inbound marketing, and more, and boat dealers and marina owners may be feeling very confused. What does that have to do with online marketing? However, in today’s digital world, everything has changed. Online marketing has become an essential part of a boat dealer’s job, and selling boats online doesn’t just mean direct links to price tags. Read on to learn more about the various aspects of online marketing and how mastering online marketing can be beneficial to your business as a boat dealer. MyCity Social is a top Miami SEO company boat dealers trust. Call MyCity Social today for your queries about SEO services and digital marketing to help your business grow!
Online Marketing Is Important For Everyone
For many business owners, particularly boat dealers, online marketing may feel completely foreign to their skill set. Many people may be thinking- what does being adept at the internet have to do with moving boats? Yet in today’s highly digitized world, having a strong online presence is an essential component of a boat dealer’s job if they want to remain highly successful and stand out from their competitors. Think about it- pretty much everybody these days goes on the internet first when they are searching for information, products, or services. As a boat dealer and/or business owner, you definitely want these potential customers and clients to come across your website first so that they can browse your products and services, and not give their business to one of your competitors. Through utilizing many proven and effective online marketing strategies, boat dealers of all sizes and types will be able to improve your boat sales. SEO and other online marketing methods are a highly efficient and cost-effective way to reach your target audience, improve your online presence, and grow your business, which is why many boat dealers and other business owners often hire professional SEO and digital marketing services. Top Miami SEO company MyCity Social has helped many businesses grow and expand their online presence so that their products and services can be discovered by potential clients and customers. For boat dealers, we can assist you with boat dealer marketing, how to generate boat sales leads online, and show you why online marketing can be the best way to reach your business goals.
Internet Marketing and Selling Boats Online
First things first- let’s discuss a few definitions. So why exactly is internet marketing so essential for boat dealers? The internet’s importance has risen exponentially in the past few years. The web has become the primary means of seeking out information for most people. The age of the Yellow Pages and other traditional media is long past and dead. In today’s social media and digital-driven age, almost every single person in every age group has a Facebook page and an email address, and the younger generation pretty much utilizes the Internet exclusively to communicate. Your boat-selling business needs to be where your customers are, and in today’s market it means the internet. As a boat dealer, you will need to make a big push online in order to stay competitive. It’s also very important to remember that Internet marketing has given boat dealers (as well as the owners of other types of businesses) a special opportunity to get to their customers in a very money-efficient way, and at a much cheaper rate than through traditional advertising, as well as in ways that end up achieving a higher ROI. Boat sellers can directly communicate with those who are interested in purchasing a boat, rather than having to pay and put up a billboard along the highway or paying too much for ineffective direct mail advertising that nobody opens, thanks to marketing methods such as search engine optimization, content marketing, social media, and email marketing. Through these new and highly effective methods on the internet, you are able to send finely tailored and targeted messages in order to achieve higher rates of success. You are also able to more closely track the responses to use for data and further refine your strategies for even better success.
Online Marketing Ideas For Boat Dealers
Now that we’ve established how SEO and other digital marketing methods are important, let’s talk about how they can help your boat dealership. There are a few key online marketing ideas that top SEO firms such as MyCity Social utilize in order to improve the reach of your boat dealership online, attract more potential clients and customers, and expand your business.
- First of all, you need to make sure and optimize your website for searches that use SEO. SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a key component of online marketing and can be the make-or-break with your competition when it comes to directing web traffic to your sales page. When you go to a search engine such as Google or Yahoo and type in a word, sentence, or question, the search engine will come back with a long list of websites that it thinks is the most relevant to what you’ve put in. The higher a website shows up in these search results, the more likely it is that somebody will click on it. The overall aim of SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is to put a website at the top of these results whenever somebody puts in a search that is relevant or contains relevant terms. As a business owner of a boat dealership, you can use SEO to rank higher in search results for terms such as “boat dealer,” or “boats for sale.” Moreover, boat dealers and other business owners can also put in geographic information as part of their search results so that it is simpler for people in your area to discover your business and to become a potential client or customer. For example, you can put in your address, phone number, maps, and images. You can also claim your Google My Business listing and make sure that your profile is updated with key information regarding your boat dealership. All of this information will help your business attract a more targeted, local audience. SEO relies on a proven equation of techniques, which include incorporating high-ranking keywords in the content posted on your website, updating your site consistently to contain fresh content, and getting links to your website from other high-quality sources. SEO can be very complicated, which is why SEO agencies such as MyCity Social ae here to help your brand utilize internet marketing and help your business grow!
- PPC Campaigns- Another part of online marketing is PPC, or pay-per-click, advertising., With PPC advertising, you are able to pick the keywords and phrases you want to land on your advertisements. Then, if your bids happen to be the highest, your ads will pop up above the organic listings (generated by SEO) for targeted keywords and phrases related to your business. One of the biggest benefits that comes out of PPC advertising is that you don’t have to wait for results to start appearing. Unlike campaigns generated by Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, which can take up to several weeks before you see any visible results, PPC campaigns are able to start driving relevant traffic to your website the minute that they are put online and go live. Moreover, if nobody clicks on your ads, you won’t pay a cent, as you only pay when people click on your advertisements.
- Using Email Marketing- Email marketing is another great way to connect with potential clients and customers, keep in contact with prospects, and provide them with important information and updates regarding your business. It’s possible for you to include opt-in forms on your website and blog so that you encourage people to sign up to receive your email updates. You are also able to get potential clients and customers to sign up and receive email updates at in-person events personally, such as at boat shows. Once you’ve received a solid roster of email addresses, you can begin to send updates. One good idea is to send a monthly newsletter, or you can even send a weekly email roundup with the latest information about your industry. While people may not be ready to take the plunge and make a purchase when they first start receiving a newsletter, if you consistently give them interesting and helpful information, you will keep your business in the front of their minds when they are ready to make a purchase.
- Launch a blog! This goes under the advice of how SEO can help your business. If your business site does not already have a blog, then it’s time to start posting! Having a blog for your business is a fantastic way to establish your authority on a subject (such as boat dealing) while also making search engines happy and up your SEO efforts. Search engines really like to see original and relevant content on your website that is regularly updated. Moreover, many of your potential clients and customers enjoy reading blogs for information or enjoyment, and by having a foundational readership, you are pushing your brand and business to the front of their brain so that they will think of your dealership first when they ARE ready to purchase a boat. Of course, your blog shouldn’t just be about selling boats- it should focus more on general topics that are related to the boating industry, such as boat maintenance or reviews of newly released boats. It’s important to provide useful and helpful information in order to make your company look more trustworthy to potential clients as well as search engines.
- Have Social Media Accounts- No matter what your company sells, it’s essential for your business to have multiple social media accounts. This is where an SEO and digital marketing agency such as MyCity Social comes in, as we can help you regularly update and maximize your social media account. Social media helps to give you an opportunity to start conversations directly with potential customers and clients, and the people who are visiting your social media pages are probably looking to buy very soon, or are doing research before they are going to buy. Having a presence on social media will foster a sense of connection and personality with your clients and customers and directly convert to higher sales.
Contact Us Today
There are many ways that SEO practices and digital marketing can help boat dealers with selling boats online. MyCity Social is a top Miami SEO company who assists many boat dealers in the Fort Lauderdale area with their online presence. Call MyCity Social today for your SEO needs!