Do you want to drive quality organic traffic to your website? Below is a winning SEO content strategy you should incorporate! As the best Tampa SEO company, this guide has been written to help you create meaningful and compelling content. Want to contact us for more comprehensive insight on how we help businesses within Tampa? MyCity Social is just a call away!
Why You Need To Establish The Best SEO Content Strategy
A military leader doesn’t win a battle by simply “winging it!” To attain victory in their battle, they learn about their adversary, track their patterns, and plots their route. They are always on the lookout for opportunities and weaknesses. They take advantage of this opportunity to set up a strategic plan that leads to a successful attack and victory. This approach incorporated by a military leader is the same as creating search engine optimized content. A web owner shouldn’t just write about any subject that comes to mind, sprinkle some keywords in there, and hit the publish button. Even if you sit for months, it won’t deliver desired results. If you want to drive profitable traffic to your site, you have to go beyond the surface.
You need to conduct in-depth research, plan your content carefully, and set up a mind-blowing content strategy. This is the strategy focused on implementing the right keywords to solve the problem your audience has. It involves understanding who your prospects are and what they want from you. This is the insight that guides you into writing, not just content that wins on search engines, but one with purpose. When it’s clear that an article is written with intent, the number of visitors you receive through search engines increases. How do you do that? It’s time to take action and learn these seven tactics below
7 Tactics To Easily Set Up A Search Engine Optimization Content Strategy
- Identify Target Audience- First, you have to understand who your target audience is. SEO is all about establishing a positive user experience and delivering the best information on a subject. And for you to develop content that resonates with your readers, you first need to know: who are they? Here are the questions you can ask:
- Who Are My Current Customers?
If you can identify the key characteristics of your customers, you can get to know who they are. Check qualitative and quantitative data. These include:
- Web page engagement
- Purchase behavior
All these are important to help you know who your content is targeting.
- Who Is Attracted To My Competition?
You must understand the type of people who are interacting with your competitors. An excellent way to know is to explore social media accounts, reviews, and comments. In addition, you can learn a lot from businesses like you.
- Other Important Questions To Ask Are:
- What am I offering?
- Who will benefit?
- How am I perceived?
- Do I know how my prospects feel about my products?
The bottom-line? Survey your audience to know what you are doing well, where you are erring, and the type of information people need to learn from you. Then, investigate all your data in Google Analytics and their performance metric. Once you are aware of all this, it’s time to craft personalized content that favors your target audience.
- Define Topic Area- You are now aware of your target audience and what they need from you. What’s next? Start brainstorming ideas for content topics. While your goal is to develop content that people admire and want to read, your primary goal is to reflect your expertise on everything you write. You need to provide information that establishes you as an authority to your target audience. This topic area will guide every research for SEO content creation, keyword matches, and audience interest.
For example, if you love to write about “ethics,” all your subjects, keyword research, and SEO content creation will be about ethics. The more content you have around this topic area, the more you will be seen as an authority by your target audience. Once your area of expertise has been identified, start creating content topics.
- Pick Keywords That Meet Audience’s Needs- To create content that aptly resonates, you need to know the individuals you are reaching out to and the type of information that will benefit them. Only then can you start your research on phrases and words that take readers to subjects of interest. Here is how this can be accomplished:
- Start with a broad search term related to your niche- For instance, if you sell men’s clothes, start with root keywords like “men’s clothes.”
- Narrow Down- To narrow down, you’d need to consider factors like top sellers, keyword variations, product features, and questions people ask Google.
- Merge Them- This insight helps you design a list for research. Include a long tail keyword that helps dig into your subject a little deeper. For example, your root term “Men clothes” could come up with a list including the top seller, variation of the keyword, product features, and frequently asked questions.
- Make Use of Keyword Research Tools- You now have an idea of a rough list of phrases and words. What’s next? Run them via your favorite keyword research tools. They help pinpoint the keyword that will bring the best outcome.
- Optimize- You now have access to keywords that will enhance your ROI. What’s next? It’s time to use them in your copy! They should be used to create content that converts. As you draft your content, be sure to take advantage of every SEO opportunity that passes you by. This includes inserting your focus keywords in your:
- Meta Description
Search engines will pick these up quickly and use them to rank your content. When you are writing a copy or a piece, your main objective should be to create relevant content that delivers value while using the keyword intelligently. In addition, publish regularly. That is one way to build brand identity and consumer loyalty. This makes people look forward to your post and learn from you. When you continually optimize your post, your ranking soars, getting you more visibility and traffic. Of course, regularly publishing can be tasking, and that’s why most businesses hire the best Tampa SEO company for content.
- Up-to-Date Information- Since the cornerstone of the Search Engine Optimized strategy is to create valuable materials, you must regularly update your articles. Very quickly, things can become outdated. For example, the author might have removed articles you’ve linked to in the past. When your article has outdated information or broken links, you lose a reader’s confidence.
- Host Contents- Host your content on your platform. This is how you maintain complete control of your content. Posting on social media and other content sites isn’t giving you complete control. These websites can take you off at will, and that will impact your ranking. Rather than spending your money and resources on guest posting, host your content on your website. Does that mean you can’t partner with a couple of websites? No! You can, but do not depend on them. When it comes to priority, give your website the first place.
- Track Your Success- Considering all we’ve discussed, it’s apparent that it takes time and resources to develop a well-defined and productive content strategy. But the truth is, if it’s generating impressive results, it is worth it. To determine if the efforts are worthwhile, constantly track your progress by checking your organic traffic, indexed pages, conversion, and SERPs. These are needed to verify your progress.
How To Accurately Measure Your Success
There are lots of tracking metrics that can be implemented as you build a robust content strategy. However, there are four that you shouldn’t toil with. If you don’t know if a plan is working well for you, the pursuit might end up being a fruitless adventure. To avoid that, these are what you should keep at heart:
Organic Traffic- Monitor and verify this by getting a reliable web analytics tool like Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
Indexed Pages- If your pages are indexed, it tells you that search engines have seen your content as relevant and valuable. Verify this with Google Search Console.
Conversions- If your strategy is effective, your conversion will increase
SERPs- If you have higher rankings, you are reaching your goal.
Undoubtedly, SEO content that incorporates all these seven tactics in mind will yield great results. It will drive in more traffic, which will eventually bring in more profits. Use this insight well. If you do, you will rank higher on SERPs. Did we hear you say victory? Yes!
Want to speak with an SEO expert in Tampa for a more personalized guide on SEO content strategy? MyCity Social is waiting for you! We help businesses like yours to higher their ranking on search engines. As the best Tampa SEO company, we will attend to all your questions regarding SEO evaluation. Want to take the first bold step today? Contact us!